Friday, March 20, 2015

Health and Vision Boards



Up until recently I had no idea what a vision board was. Just like everyone else I would write my New Year resolutions in a list and I would find that by March- April I would be struggling to keep them, and those were the ones I remembered!

Then one day my dear friend Chloe White invited me to a Vision Board workshop that she was hosting. A little research revealed that this was something recommended by Oprah :) , so I went, I loved it and I was hooked! I've been doing them ever since and I have noticed that sticking to my resolutions is so much easier when you have a visual, and lots of fun!


So, if you have never heard of vision boards, you are probably wondering what they are and what a workshop entails. Basically I would define a vision board as a collage of pictures that represent your intentions. In the workshops that I have attended, we had lots of fun leafing through magazines and cutting out photos, words and images that represent what we would like our lives to look like for the coming year. We used scrapbooking pages as the backing and just glued what we had cut out right there onto the board. Adding photos of self, family and other meaningful things completed the vision board and then it was hung in a place where I could see these images daily as a reminder of my intention.

As a funny aside, at the vision board workshop that I went to recently, we had just had a severe snowstorm and everybody was putting photos of beach vacations on their boards! What fun!


So what does that have to do with health and wellness you may ask? Well, statistics show that most Americans have health and wellness goals within their top 5 New Year resolutions. Achieving these goals can be easy and fun when you set these goals to pictures. Do you aspire to eat more healthily this year? Find those words or images that say that to you and put that on your board! Do you want to achieve more fitness? Put words or photos representing that! This year my vision board has images representing me getting more rest and relaxation, improving my time management and running that race in Hartford that I love! Now that my intention is set to photos, photos that I see every day, I'm sure I'm well on the way to achieving them.

Would you like to make your very own vision board? Please join us in office on March 30th 2015 for our intention setting open house. It will be hosted by Chloe White who is an expert.  It will go from 5:30-7pm. There will also be a Foam Roller Workshop and Aromatherapy Workshop as well as complimentary massages with Angelica Macaraeg LMT. To attend please just RSVP to 860-589-1491.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Clean up on aisle 2024: The top 3 things you can do to reset your body and health as we start the new year

"NOPE! It’s not about new year, new you! I’m not talking about some airy fairy weird weight loss fad. This is about your health, and wi...