Monday, January 11, 2021

Why I left my six figure career in big pharma to be your friendly neighborhood chiropractor

 


From as long as I can remember I always knew I was destined for healthcare but being a chiropractor is a second career for me. 

I started out early on thinking just like I imagine most pharmacologists and aspiring pharmacologists think: that I was going to be a super hero and develop a super-drug that cured something huge!  I worked in various divisions of three different large pharmaceutical companies and also one university all this for over a decade. Over the years though, you know, through research and interactions with actual patients, it became clear that about the majority of chronic conditions can be managed with lifestyle interventions. 

The more I spent time with actual patients, real people with real concerns, what stood out for me was that many of them (not all but many,) didn’t seem to need a new super drug at all. What became obvious was that most needed to learn how changing their lifestyles would influence their condition and they needed the tools to help themselves. I would have to say the search for a holistic solution started there.   

I did my research and found out that chiropractors are the number one holistic health care providers in the USA.  I also remembered the excellent results that friends and family had with their chiropractors over the years. I would eventually have my own very positive experience of my chiropractors helping me with my severe pain, and so my decision was made easily. I finally came home one day and told my husband that I wanted to quit my well paying job in pharmacology to go back to school. I knew about how the body functions, about biochemistry and pharmacology, but I needed to learn holistic patient care

I quit my lucrative job working for the pharmaceutical industry.  Like I said, I had been in the industry for over 10 years. Going back to school as a mature student posed its own challenges but I can truly say it was worth every moment. Chiropractic school proved to me that there is a growing movement of people who are willing to try more conservative options to care before pulling out the heavy hitters – the drugs, the surgery.

Choosing my specialty was easy.  Clinical nutrition: helping patients to live healthier lives and treating chronic conditions through nutrition therapy – well that was a no brainer for me, that’s what I had wanted all along! I have since made a commitment to dedicate the rest of my professional life to helping people realize that, they can live healthier pain free lives. And in this age of improper use of narcotic pain relievers, I offer patients an option for pain relief that is efficacious and 100% natural.

My reminder to you for 2021: 

You can live a happier, healthier and even longer life. It is possible for most patients with pain to #bepainfree! I invite you to CLICK HERE to get our Free Ebook: 

#BePainFree - The Top Five Causes Of Back Pain And The Seven Keys To Lasting Relief

Regards in Health,

Dr. Davia H. Shepherd

Saporito Chiropractic


PS: *Disclaimer: Please remember that it's impossible for me to diagnose you and treat you just by you reading one of my articles. I'm superwoman it's true, but even that is beyond my capabilities. So before you engage in any health and wellness activities, do consult your health care provider. Please know that we are happy to address your personal concerns, just call us in office (860-589-1491) to schedule your personal consultation; and thanks ever so much for reading. We appreciate you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clean up on aisle 2024: The top 3 things you can do to reset your body and health as we start the new year

"NOPE! It’s not about new year, new you! I’m not talking about some airy fairy weird weight loss fad. This is about your health, and wi...